Friday, December 17, 2004

In a funk

I've never been like this before. It's an oddly pesssimistic, negative, whiney, nausous, tired, irritable, everyone go away and please don't slam the door and make the chandeliers rattle, just plain bah humbug mood. It's not fun, for me, Brandon or anyone else I may be around. Yesterday I hid it pretty well I guess. I took Gran to the doctor to have her hot pink cast taken off and to finish up her Christmas shopping. It took a lot of tounge bitting, but I think I did pretty well. I'm just ready for it to leave and never return.

On to happier things. My two youngest nieces turned 5 and 2 last week. Alexis was 5 on 12/9, and Halle was 2 on 12/10 (see the pictures above). Happy growing girls! I love you both to pieces!

Brandon and I talked with his boss, Brad, last week about the possible move to Bowling Green. He can pay to move us, but not buy the house. We'll know in late January whether the plant is staying open or shutting down. It's up to the bankruptcy judge who is supposed to decided what will be best for the community. (FYI Briggs and Stratton just put in a $150 Million dollar bid ~ 25 Mill. more than Murray was worth before the bankruptcy.) There's no telling what will happen. I think we'll be moving ~ I almost hope so b/c I can't find a job here to save my life. I'm sure my chances would be better in a larger town. Selling the house wouldn't be a big deal. The last few that have been built in our small neighborhood have sold before construction was finished.

The Christmas cards sitting in the floor are mocking me, I guess it's time to kick them out of the house. Happy freakin' holidays.

2 comments:

Clarissa said...

I fyou could only see my wreck of a house which hasn't even seen the beginnings of any attempts at Christmas cards, Mae! I'm having a lifegroup Christmas party here Sunday, and my house is absolutely a wreck. Tomorrow will be work, work, work. I've been in quite a funk myself lately -- I don't think I've done any laundry since Monday or Tuesday, and there are mountains of dirty clothes in every bedroom (except Julianne's, of course.)

I have no particular reason to be down, though, but it's like my body is saying "Be still and do nothing! All day!" Anyway, I can relate. Email me anytime.

SG said...

OK I won't break into any show tunes. Girls it is just typical. You both know that more people are blue during the holidays than in any other time.There is no good reason except everyone is sooo stretched out. All of us are "streched out" in every day life...then add the holly daze as I like to call it! Mercy! It is amazing we ever get out of PJs! This too shall pass. But really if it does't go talk to a doctor and make sure there are no health issues. OK? Hope you both feel better soon, but I still want to hear from you even if you don't! :)