Friday, June 03, 2005

Chocolate Sanity

I'm not at all used to being at someone else's beck and call. This week, since I've been keeping Lyla (13 months) my little world has been turned upside down. She's a wonderful child, incredibly easy to take care of, I'm just not used to it. When the mid afternoon stretch gets here (right when she starts to get tired and ready for her afternoon nap) I have to take a sanity break. This means taking a time out on the couch with a tall cup o' milk and a swiss miss. Mmmm. She's waking up. If I don't make eye-contact she may just fall back to sleep!

Chocolate anyone?

3 comments:

Donna G said...

Chocolate covers a multitude of sins... or sometimes causes them!

SG said...

I guess Lila is good practice. The most overwhelming part of motherhood for me at first was the 24/7 "on call" of it all! Even if someone else was watching the baby...I still felt it. It took some getting used to. Errands were never the same again. But it was and isworth every minute and you will love it! :)

elizabeth said...

chocolate is to Mae's sanity as coffee is to Elizabeth's. Starbucks anyone?