Monday, June 12, 2006

YEAH BABY!!!!

I'm in... the newest reading teacher at Coffee County Middle School! Woo~hoo!!!

When the principal called to offer me the job (while I was shopping in Nine West at Opry Mills) he said, "BUT you have to promise me that you'll be loud. We're concerned about you being too soft spoken." SERIOUSLY???? I just lauged and said, "I promise that I'm loud, just not in interviews." Too funny!

Did I ever tell you that B and I took our honeymoon to Prince Edward Island, Canada??? I fell in love w/ the place in a book... do you know which series I'm referring to?

11 comments:

Jenni said...

Yipppeeeee!! Congrats on your job.

It's the Anne of Green Gables series, right? I've been intending to read that one for years....

Donna G said...

Congrats!! and no, I have no clue on the book, believe it or not there are a few that I have not read....

Donna G said...

BTW, I was praying!!

and seriosly, he wanted you to be loud....did you send an imposter for the interview???

Anonymous said...

MAH - that is so cool. I would LOVE to teach reading. No, actually - I would love to read as a career. Still, I'm sure you will do wonderfully. Let's work on you being loud, ok?

Mae said...

Jenni wins! I'll send you a container of oxygen from TN... BTW, there is really a bar where you can hook up to oxygen for $20 at ShOpryland ~ I'm proud to say that it was empty w/ the exception of employees!

Heather said...

Hi Mae,
I got your post on my blog. I found a link to yours on Elizabeth's--small world!
Thanks for the suggestion of Highland Street. I've actually been there once when I was searching for church home. I've been going to Germantown, but I think we might try Highland.

elizabeth said...

Oooooooh. I knew it was Anne before I even looked at the comments! One of my all time favorite series. I have seen it sometimes in cartoon form for little girls and I make Matthew watch it with me! ;)

SG said...

We haven't met but I have never pictured you as quiet. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I hope you love this new job! Hadley is so cute and getting so big. My goodness! Did you ever post house pictures? I don't remember them if you did. Have fun while Daddy's away! :)

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » »

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! »

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » »