Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Forever changed...




My dear, sweet baby girl,

One month ago today you entered our lives after having been in our hearts and on our minds for years on end. One month ago today you changed my life forever. One month ago today, I experienced true unconditional love. One month ago today I looked into your precious eyes and knew that no matter what happens in this world your Daddy and I would always have each other, you, and the love of God.

We have learned so many things in the past 30 days... Your different cries and how to (hopefully) get them to subside, that you love to sleep on my chest, that you'll only take your passi when it's good for you ~ forget what we want!, that you love to go for evening walks and the bumpy road will not give you shaken baby syndrome!, that your cousin Halle thinks you're the best thing on earth next to strawberry milk, that you love to be in Gramma's arms, that Tylenol and Mylicon can fix almost any cry that we can't, and on and on...

It's so funny how much you have changed and grown in such a short amount of time. You went from hardly filling out preemie outfits to fully filling out newborn outfits literally in one day! Your beautiful smile is showing up more and more, your wrinkly little forehead less and less, but when it's there you are truly your father's child! People look at you and always comment on how beautiful you are, how pretty your skin is and how perfectly round your head... And I smile, say thank you, and think "Thank you God, for our precious gift."

There are some days that you love bath time and others when you absolutely hate it... Sunday mornings Daddy usually gets you ready so that I have time to put on makeup and not scare the entire congregation w/ the bags and dark circles under my eyes. He woke you up, gave you some breakfast, a bath and then brought you to our room... You were so mad!!! The look on your face was priceless ~ and I must say, you were truly your mother's child at that moment! I don't think you've ever looked more like me as you did right then. Daddy and I laughed until we cried, and of course I had to get a picture. :)

I can't even begin to tell you how much we all love you.. Me, Daddy, Gramma, Pawpaw Boo, Abuelita, Papi, your aunts, uncles, cousins, and the entire rest of our little world. We are so thankful to have you in our lives. You are a true blessing from above.

You have my heart and you always will. I love you Hadlee.

Always,
Momma

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You made me cry and I don't cry about baby stuff!

Chris said...

*sniff* ...just too sweet!

SG said...

And now you know! Welcome to being a Mom and get used to wearing your heart on the sleeves of your child. These are sweet preciuos days!

Jenni said...

So sweet!!

elizabeth said...

What a sweet post. I wrote Matthew a letter for each month he was alive during his first year.

I did 2 or 3 for Thomas.

I did none for ME.

I'm such a bad mom!