Thursday, May 26, 2005

Happy Blog-iversary... My Dog is Grounded

Today marks the beginning, one year ago, that I began traveling down the bloggin' road. It has brought nothing but encouragement, friends, prayers, laughs, and little touches of Christ via technology. What a sweet treat!

... Now, about my dog. She is SO grounded. Yesterday I took her to the vet for her vaccinations and a flea and tick treatment (ticks are awful this year!). She does good job of traveling after she is in the vehicle, it's the whole getting in the vehicle part that scares her to death. (Can you see where this is going?) Well, all went well with the visit, weighing, seeing my sis-in-law, etc. We were leaving and Karen (the sis-in-law) had walked us to the car to help me get Sass back inside. Karen was at her head and I was assisting at the hind quarters. We try a couple of times to lift her to no avail (really, I was just there to talk, not do all that much lifting). The third time's a charm, right? Not in the Hale family. Sass slipped her head down, managed to get out of her BODY HARNESS and bolted. That's one stubborn dog with no harness in the smallish town of Tullahoma running rampant while three completely embarrassed and frustrated women tried to bribe her w/ treats, dead animals, and a threat to end her life (I was the only one doing that part, though). For 30 MINUTES we chased and tried to coax her back towards the clinic ~ we ran through yards (saw a couple smoking some crack and ran a bit faster) across streets, in front of traffic (luckily the speed limit in town is only 20 mph) and finally headed back to the clinic. Sass followed and was eventually contained. So now she's grounded for 3 days (no attention, no walks, and no treats) and I have to find a HUGE thank you gift for Karen, Amy (the vet) and yankee girl who answers the phones. Any suggestions?

Must head off to the New Union area. I'm yard sale-ing (I can't spell that) today and keeping a one year old... something tells me it's not going to be the best combination of duties. Bye now.

5 comments:

Donna G said...

Poor puppy! She didn't mean to!

As for thank you gifts how about gift certificates to Dairy Queen. Good season for ice-cream!

Chris said...

Girl! I can so TOTALLY identify with your running dog! Wrigley will bolt at the first opportunity! I can sympathize with your adventures! Our problem is (was) that he hadn't been with us very long and I wasn't convinced he'd be able to find his way back to us.
And I agree with DJG - ice cream is ALWAYS appropriate!

elizabeth said...

Sounds like good training for motherhood with toddlers! Get used to the chasing!

Clarissa said...

Oh, yeah. Go with the ice cream. Maybe a plant to boot.

Anonymous said...

Give that yankee girl some of your Sun Drop!