Tuesday, May 24, 2005

And we're back...

I can't express enough how fantastic it feels to be back home. It's been four years since I've lived here and six years for B (plus his 4 1/2 years of college at Evansville). It took about two trips to his parents' house (5 whole miles down the road) to decide that there are few jobs that can feel right enough in the heart and right enough in the wallet to compensate for leaving Coffee County. Homecoming is so sweet, I can't even begin to imagine what's in store for THE homecoming!

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers over the past week. Ma Penny lived a long life (89) and was tired and ready to get to her eternal resting place.

The rental house is slowly becoming home-like. It doesn't smell like us yet, but I'll take care of that w/ some B&B Works wall flowers and candles! We have decided to stay here (in the rental) save up a good chunk of cabbage and try to find some land to build on. Forget North Carolina, forget Atlanta, forget GE if we have to; it's all about being w/ family!

We are officially into the last trimester. I'm officially ready to not be pregnant anymore and stay swollen no matter what precautions I take (CC, how in the world did you do this for so long??!?!) I've always wanted to have four children, that want is quickly changing to a lower number! :) I guess we'll take what precious gifts we're given. I've come to the realization that it's not really my decision to make anyway. Whatever God sees fits is what we'll take.

Break time is over, must unpack some more and head over to my parents to set up for a yard sale for this weekend.

5 comments:

Clarissa said...

I hope he's able to find satisfactory work there. The pull of family is a strong thing.

Enjoy feathering your new nest!

Donna G said...

Trust me you will appreciate the family connection even more after the little one arrives. I sure hope he finds the job he wants close by...You know what, I don't just HOPE it, I will be praying for it!

SG said...

From the girl who said" I could never live next door to my Mom!" and 4 years later moved across the street from her, I can atesst to what DJG says about children making the family pull all the greater! Prayers for you and B as he finds the job you guys need him to have!

elizabeth said...

SG and I are very lucky to have our parent's live so close. I don't know what I would do without my parents and sister living so close. They are like second parents to my kids and I always have a willing babysitter!

Clarissa said...

I just realized I never answered your question. I "did this for so long" with lots of aches and pains and discomforts and complaining. My first two pregnancies were pretty easy, my last two were pretty difficult. My arches somewhat collapsed during the third one, and I didn't know they wouldn't bounce back. I suffered with my feet until after the 4th one was born, and I'll probably have to wear custom shoe inserts for the rest of my life. Take care of your feet!!