Wednesday, October 08, 2008

(Fall) Breakin' It...

Only on a break from school would we let Hadlee stay up until 11:00 watching "The Muppets Wizards of Oz." Note: It doesn't hold a candle to Muppets Take Manhattan.... the voices are different, it totally threw me off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tomorrow we leave for our Fall Break Family Spectacular. We'll be staying at the Choo-Choo, visiting the Aquarium, spinning on the carousel, and touching stuff at the Children's Museum. FUN~NESS!!!! Also, if the kids behave, we MAY EVEN head down to Market Row for a little high end shopping! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Training has been non-existent this week... Bleh... Good intentions and all... where is it that they lead again? :/ My life has been non-scheduled and GR8! I'm changing things up a bit and hitting things hard when we get back from Chattanooga. I found a 16 week half marathon training guide so I'll be focusing almost solely on running and doing swimming and biking on cross training days. For more info look here. Fo' real, doe!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The mother of one of my co-workers passed away earlier this week. This afternoon was the visitation (Is that the same as a wake, or are they different?). I was going to drop the babies by my parents while I ran in to offer my condolences, but the timing didn't work out, so they ended up coming with me. I'm not one who takes surprises well and Hadlee Anne is just like me, so on our way in I was trying to explain things. I said, "Hadlee, when we get in you will see a lady who looks like she's sleeping and you may even see some people crying. I want you to know that they are ok, they're just sad." She looked very sympathetic and replied, 'But Mommy, why will they be crying? What makes them so sad?" I told her, "Because Mrs. Vina's mommy had gone to be with God." "But Mom," she said, "What's sad about being with God?!" Hmmm, I guess we're doing almost ok at this whole parenting thing after all. Bless her sweet, precious, innocent heart.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Mae Anne,
Haven't seen you and family in ages but have been keeping up with you vicariously on your blog. So much going on with you! Love your playlist - let it play this a.m. as I read email. Hope you have a great time at the Choo Choo.
Pat

Andrea said...

Have fun on your family excursion. We're going to try the pumpkin patch in Warren County tomorrow.

Try not to worry too much about missing the training this week - just get back on the horse as soon as you can. Every day is a new one with new opportunities!!

The Murray Crew said...

Found your blog tonight...looks like you've found us too! =) Thanks for following us and God Bless you and yours!

The Murray Crew