Saturday, September 20, 2008

Putting in the time...


Week one of officially training for the triathlon season is over. First, the stats:


Swimming: 28 minutes, 550 yards

Biking: 62 minutes, 15.7 miles

Running/Jogging/Walking: 76 minutes, 4.5 miles

Core: 2 short workouts w/ lots of stretching



Reflection over the week:


I actually ended up missing three days in a row of conditioning due to scheduling conflicts, the fair being in town, and parent-teacher conferences. BUT, this morning I doubled up on my swim and long bike so I really only ended up missing a run. Last Sunday night I did a 5k route w/ Mach Tenn, the local run club, so the time actually came out like it was supposed to originally.


What I knew mentally preparing for this: I'm a BIG girl who is incredibly out of shape. What I know at the end of week one: I'm a BIG girl who's working towards a lofty goal and healthier life style.I have SO MUCH WORK TO DO, but I'm closer now than I was one week ago. It really makes a difference in my self image. I have a clearer mind and have needed to work out MANY frustrating events from this week. It's amazing what sweating out the emotions has done for my outlook!


Each week I'll be adding 10% to the previous week's time. I'll be interested to see how much of a difference that makes in the distance department.


This is fair week in Coffee County... that means tired students, tired teachers, conferences, and NO SCHOOL ON FRIDAY! :) Man, did I enjoy having a short week! I needed some extra rest yesterday so Bran let me enjoy a long nap with the babies and then we took them to the fair for fattening foods, freaks, fun rides and the mule races. We enjoyed seeing lots of acquaintances and friends and wandering from ride to ride. This is the first year we've let Hadlee get on anything. I really expected her to be timid and not get very excited about things. Once we got off of the carousel she was ready for every tea cup, roller coaster, tilt-a-whirl, and soaring elephant in the fairgrounds. Honestly, my pride was damaged... what the heck's up with this independent little girl?!??! Who's been raising her? :)


Later tonight we're heading to the Boro to see how much the damage on finishing out our living room and hallway in hardwood will be, getting some shelves for the laundry room and visiting MOAB to check out their road bike selection. Fun stuff!


Happy weekending everyone... and GO VOLS!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mae Ann,

I'm so very impressed!! You are making me feel motivated to do something too. After all, I think we have quite a bit in common - I thought it would be impossible with the kids, but your kiddos & mine are the same ages - so if you can make time, so could I. I'd love to find out more about what all you are doing & maybe coming with a plan for myself. Give me a call or shoot me an email if you get a chance(freeze0872@yahoo.com)
WAY TO GO!!!!
Andrea Freeze

Donna G said...

You go girl! Keep it going you are inspiring me!


**sorry about your Vols.....Roll Tide!**