Friday, September 12, 2008

No laughing, please!

Lately I've been having some crazy thoughts, thoughts that haven't ever really come into fruition. . . thoughts of... training for triathlons and the Country Music Half Marathon. So, I talked w/ a pro (thanks for your encouragement and enthusiasm, Lana!) checked out some sites, and GOT BUSY!

I have an addictive personality... all or nothing, hot or cold, sweet or sour (as in my attitude/personality). This has been fabulous. I technically started a couple weeks ago to begin learning to run (really, you have to build, kind of like Rome) and it has turned into training for Sprint Triathlons with a focus on running for the CMM1/2 (on April 25, '09).

There, the cat's out of the bag. Now, you can ask how I'm doing when you don't see sessions and results logged. Hold me responsible, heckle me, tell me I can do it! :)

The whole medical scare w/ the baby last week got me off a bit so I'm starting a 16 week training for a sprint tri (.5 swim, 13 mile bike, 5K run) when the season picks back up early next year. Sixteen weeks from now just so happens to be New Year's Eve, go figure... I'll be hitting my goal of finishing up the training when most of the world sets new goals (and just a few weeks into being the bid 3-0!). Kind of ironic to me.

Anyway, my training guide is from http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/. It's a super cool site w/ so much info anyone (even me!) could get excited about the thought of getting physical! :P

Here are the stats for the week:

Sunday: 30 min walk/run (2.5miles)
Monday: off
Tuesday:2 mile bike (8 min.)
Wednesday & Thursday: off (not by schedule, but b/c Bran was in Memphis)
Friday: 40 min bike (8.7 miles)
Saturday: off
Sunday: Planned 5k run/walk w/ our running club, Mach Tenn.

Next week begins the cross training that includes all three components, plus weight training once or twice a week. Once I get the schedule figured out it'll be easier... b/t when the lap pool is open,Bran being out of town, and having the babies picked up by 4:30 it'll be a bit of a challenge, but nothing I can't handle.

That's it really... on the medical front babies, mommy, daddy and Gabba are all doing just dandy.

Ride in an ambulance $1,839
Yearly membership to the local REC: $300/year
Healthy life w/ healthy babies and husband: Priceless

2 comments:

SG said...

WOW! You go Mae! Running hurts. But I too have a 16 week goal. I'm on a healthy eating kick. I'm trying to give up sweets for 16 weeks. Get it sweet 16!? Yes it will come during Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas but that was my plan. So you cheer me and I'll cheer you. Maybe I'll add some mandatory walking to my 16 weeks in honor of you! I could walk when you run? We'll see! :)

Unknown said...

yeah...Lana's blog is rather inspiring....and i am UBER impressed with your determination. I am very proud of you, and hope that one day i'll be close enough for us to stuff like this together. well, ok, i don't know that i'll ever train for a marathon, but, you know, i'd like to go for a bike ride, swap healthy recipes, go shopping together and talk excitedly how we can fit in smaller clothes....that's my level:) GOOD LUCK
LOVE YOU!!