Wednesday, May 03, 2006

harASSment

This is an e-mail I received today from a parent... and I must let you know that it's one of the nicest ones he's sent. I've never met this person face to face, but I can tell you that I'd rather share dinner w/ Charles Manson than him. He makes me want to hurt something and say not nice things...


I see very little improvement on his grade report. I saw it this morning5/3. Science, still an F. History no change. Math, too low. Language,I don't remember it. I am starting to think that this flight school was only to maintain state payments to the school system for the boys attendance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My principal called me today and said the Director of Schools hadn't received a letter of resignation from me and asked that I turn one in. I thought it was kind of odd, but I did as I was asked. I gave Mr. C the letter. He said, "Thanks, I'm going over to see him in a few mintues and I'll deliver this." Not five minutes later he's hollering (literally) for me down the hallway. (I must tell you that he has a way of talking to me like my dad does when he thinks I should do things "his" way... and I hate when they do that. Like I'm a four year old who's incapable of making decisions... but I digress...) He tells me that "In the business world" when you say something it's not set in stone, but when you put that something to paper it becomes irreversible. By turning in my letter I was saying that I would no longer be an employee at the end of the school year (Yep, we're all on the same page here.) He goes into his spill (have I told you that he's a former Navy man who always has an agenda and you MUST see things his way?) and I smile and nod as I learned to do years ago (Believe me, I've had lots of practice.) He preaches his sermon and I say, "I'd rather work at Starbucks than be in that room." (Still w/ me?) So he pulls out his ace... "Didn't I tell you that it was going to be different next year? No more zero tolerance, only behavior problems like [stundent]." No, you didn't tell me that Mr. C, Mrs. B (the SPED director) told me she was going to try to do that, but Dr. P (Director of Schools) said no, as of earlier this week. Did I tell you I'd rather work at Starbucks?

I'll spare you the rest of the conversation, basically what he said was hold on to the letter until you are absolutely sure that you will not take the job. You only have to give 30 days resignation and don't burn any bridges (meaning, if you quit we won't let you back in as a regular ed teacher).

So, WHY DID YOU ASK ME TO WRITE THE FRIGGIN' LETTER IN THE FIRST PLACE?????????!?!?!?!?!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have I told you that I hate my job?

4 comments:

Donna G said...

Maybe you can get a cute red outfit and boots like your weather pixie and just work outside....

I think I would hate that job too!

Anonymous said...

You hang in there like a rusty fish hook, Girl!

SG said...

See why I think teacher appreciation is SO important!!! I am so sorry. Just hang in there and smile. How amny days until summer?

Susan - said...

I so sympathize with you! Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time, but summer is a comin'. Hang in there.