Monday, June 22, 2009

So, I was thinking...

I am one to set lofty goals... I can think of many more times that certain goals have not come to fruition than have, but even if something you work for doesn't happen the way you see it happening, the journey there is usually worth it. With that completely non-descript rambling, here are my latest goals in regards to swim/bike/run:

Aug. Mountain Lakes Triathlon
Sept. Star Physical Therapy Triathlon
Oct. Cedars of Lebanon Sprint Triathlon

I want to run a half marathon each month between the months of October 2009 and March 2010, leading up to the big kahuna: the FULL Country Music Marathon in April 2010. As of now, these are the half marys I am looking at:

Oct. Murfreesboro
Nov. The Outter Banks
Dec. St. Jude's
Jan. Callaway Gardens
Feb. Mercedes Marathon
Mar. The Disney Princess
April: CMM

With the exception of the Disney Princess Half and the Outter Banks, each race is w/in 4 hours of the house and an overnight stay w/ friends or a comped room using Brandon's fabulous hotel points. I can do it. I will do it. I owe it to myself to work towards each race; logging the miles, blisters, sweat, aches, pains, joy, satisfaction, and PRIDE that will come with the miles. I will be a marathoner and triathlete.

Now, who's with me?

No comments: