Sunday, December 21, 2008

Tuned In & Turned On

You've not read about any of my workouts for the past few weeks b/c they have been few and far between... I am sure, like many of you, life just happened and I let my goals slip to the back burner. I didn't complete the B-fit-b-day challenge or our Lose to Win competition. My weight has increased, my diet has gone to pot, and I can't tell you the last day I actually consumed more water than any other beverage. BUT. NO. MORE...

I've found a different training program (not really so incredibly different from the Hal Higdon program I was following, this one just has more details) at Runner's World and here is what my week will look like.


12/2212/28
Mon: Rest/ XT (Kettle bell workout and bike)
Tues: Easy RunDist: 2mi@17:59
Wed: Rest/ XT (Yoga or Pilates)
Thurs: Rest / XT (Merry Christmas!)
Fri: Tempo RunDist: 5mi, inc Warm; 3mi@16:10; Cool
Sat: Rest/ XT (We'll be on the road to Perdido Bay, AL for a family beach trip!)
Long RunDist: 6mi@17:59
Total: 13 miles

I'm really excited about getting back into a workout routine... and running in the same atmosphere and on the same road as my upcoming half marathon. Ex.cite.ing.

The week of Thanksgiving I re-injured my shoulder and have had MAJOR pain since then... so much so that my good doc sent me for an MRI (a great story in and of itself! Hello little blue pill friend. {:) and the results came back that I'm good to go and if I have any more serious pain he'll give me a perscription for some PT. We'll see how I'm feeling when we get back from the beach.

Must rest... I have to be back home from my workout at 7:15 so I REALLY need to get in bed. Caio.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

kettle bells are a good workout. brad has whole collection of various heavy kettlebells, and i even have a pair of small ones. they are all at mom's house, i believe.

momo said...

hi, mae! thanks so much for your comment on my blog - can you email me your email address so i can add you to the bloglist? thanks!

Andrea said...

We all have time that we just don't do what we intended. The good thing is that we can all change that & start again. Way to go for not giving up & getting back into the swing of things again! The long term is what it's really all about anyway.