Saturday, March 03, 2007

43 days and counting...

Until Jackson McCullough Hale arrives. Yup, we're near the finish line!

Earlier this evening B, Hadlee and I went to Target and registered for "duh behba" as HAH says. So, feel free to buy my son and little sumthin' if you wanna. :)

We were out of school Monday and Tuesday for the flu so I took advantage of the days off and painted Jack's room. Well, technically, just the bottom third of the walls, but it's beautiful if I do say so myself. We still have to get chair rail to put up but it's coming along! I'll post pictures... maybe one day.

I am nearly positive that I have either a broken or severly bruised rib. I've had a horrid cough for the past 2 1/2 weeks and can constantly feel one rib in particular. What the heck??!?!!??!!? It's bad when you can injure yourself w/ out rhyme or reason!

This week my principal and I found someone to take over my position during my maternity leave. I couldn't be happier w/ the decision. Holly did her student teaching w/ us back in the fall and I asked her then if she was interested but she was planning on being in grad school full time. Her aunt is the lead reading teacher and we were talking the other day when I found out that her plans had changed. I'm SO glad she's going to be in my classroom while I'm out. My goal is to make it until Spring Break (the first week of April) and be off until next "fall" (July 30). Keep your fingers crossed for us, huh?

B and I are in the market for a full sized 4 door truck. Got a favorite? I think he's leaning more towards the Dodge Ram than any other. I don't really have an opinion, I'm just ready for the purchase to be made and over with.

I was looking through a test prep book at work the other day and one section is actually entitled "Fixing Punctuation". Is TN the only state where "fixing" would be in a grammar and reading test prep book put out by the state testing agency? :)

Ok, my feet are hurting cuz I'm standing at B's laptop in the kitchen on tile floors so I'm gonna end for now.

Happy weekend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a funny girl...

Anonymous said...

yeah...jack's bedroom paint does look great...if IIIIII do say so myself!! :) hee hee.

tricia

Jenni said...

photos of the paint job (or at least the completed room decor) would be appreciated! :-) Glad things at work are working out in a way that you are pleased with!

Donna said...

We recently purchased a Toyota Tundra 4 door (not the access cab). One sweet thing about it is that it holds 3 carseats! With #3 on the way, it will be nice to have options! You know you are parents when the main consideration when making a car purchase is how much room for carseats and how many will it hold! : )